Yolo DUI Attorney
How to Choose the Right Yolo DUI Attorney for You
Not all of the DUI Attorneys in town are created equal. Some attorneys who advertise in Yolo County have NO personal experience in the Woodland Court. They simply send a younger associate to court. Other Yolo DUI Attorneys, have local experience, but they charge way too much money, and make grand promises that they can’t back up with performance.
In my opinion, the Yolo DUI Attorney you hire should meet the following criteria:
1. Have experience personally handling DUI cases in the Woodland Court, including Woodland DUI trial experience.
2. Have a track record of the highest levels of customer service. Check out their online reviews. Here is the link to my reviews for example. These are all real reviews collected from various online review sites. You will see that my clients are pleased with the service and results I provide them.
3. The DUI defense attorney you hire should make themselves personally available to you. They should not hide behind their secretary or a salesman. If the attorney will not speak to you before you hire them, they will most certainly be unwilling to talk to you after you hire them.
4. Trust your gut. When you speak to the attorney, do they make you feel better? Do they make you feel comfortable? Do they carefully explain themselves? Do they speak knowledgeably? Hiring an attorney is like selecting a new car. Go with your gut and pick one you actually like.
5. The Attorney you chose to defend you against a Yolo DUI should be both highly experienced in the technical aspects of DUI law, AND they should have experience with the local customs, procedures, and practices unique to the Woodland courthouse.
6. Finally, chose an attorney with the integrity to charge you a fair price. Watch out for attorneys that make incredible promises and charge extreme fees. A good local DUI attorney will charge reasonable prices given the complexity of your case.
My prices are among the best you will find. I do not need to overcharge, because I keep my overhead low, and I genuinely like defending people charged with DUI. It is my pleasure to take on the District Attorney (DA)
URGENT: If You Have Been Arrested for a DUI You Only have 10 Days to Take Action. Call Me at (916)277-8299. I Am Happy to Schedule Your DMV Hearing For You.
If you have been arrested for a DUI time is of the essence. You only have 10 days from the date of your arrest to contact the DMV to schedule a DMV hearing. After the 10 days has passed this right is lost. I can schedule a DMV hearing for you, but you must call me immediately while we still have time. If you fail to schedule a DMV hearing, your driving privileges will be suspended automatically, 30 days from the date of your arrest. If I schedule a DMV hearing for you, I can stop this automatic suspension, and they will postpone any action until after the DMV hearing is held. Even in the worst cases, this can often buy you a few extra weeks of driving time, before any DMV penalties are handed down.
Peace of Mind is One Phone Call Away. Call Me Today, and Be Glad You Did
Getting arrested is one of the most frightening things that will ever happen to you. Almost worse than getting arrested is the anxious anticipation after you have been arrested as you wait to find out what will happen. One of my favorite aspects of my job is the opportunity I have every day to meet people who are scared and to give them peace of mind. In my experience, things are rarely as bad as they feel following an arrest. The anxiety and fear we feel tends to get exaggerated in our minds, and this can be the worst part. If you call me, I can help you put your situation into perspective and help you understand your options. We can work together to develop effective defense strategies for you. Call me today and I promise you will feel much better after we speak.
I Fight to Keep My Clients Out of Jail
I have literally helped more of my clients avoid jail than I can count. For the past decade I have spent nearly every day the courts are open fighting to keep my clients avoid jail. In most circumstances, even when my clients were found guilty, I have been able to help keep my client out of jail. Many times, if an experienced attorney fights he can arrange jail alternatives in lieu of time behind bars. In circumstances where jail cannot be avoided I can often find ways to shave sunstantial time off my clients’ jail sentences. If you are facing criminal charges in Placer, I would love the opportunity to help you avoid jail. Call me today.
Can A DUI Charge Really Be Defended Against?
One common misconception I hear frequently is that DUI’s cannot be defended. That is simply not true. Just this week, a friend of mine won a DMV hearing in which the driver had a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) over three times the legal limit. Now, I admit this does not happen all of the time, but my point is that it is worth it to fight these charges, because good things can happen when you fight, even when things seem difficult.
The fact of the matter is that DUI’s are highly technical crimes. Consequently, it takes a very experienced DUI attorney to know how to break down every element of the case and analyze where the State’s case is weak and subject to a defense. Most DUI cases have some basis on which they can be challenged. DUI cases are not simply open and shut. In my opinion they are worth challenging and you should not simply go to court and plead guilty.
The Parkhurst Difference
I am a very different type of attorney than most of those you will encounter on the internet. My legal service is defined by personalized customer service to each one of my clients. My clients work directly with me and I am personally familiar with each aspect of their cases. You will find no “one size fits all” approach here. My service is personal and exemplifies the highest levels of professionalism. I treat my clients the way I would want an attorney to treat my mother, if she met with one. I believe in providing aggressive legal representation coupled with personalized customer service. That is the Parkhurst difference. Call me and meet me personally. You will see what I mean.
Note: West Sacramento is in Yolo County, Not Sacramento County
Many of our Yolo DUI clients come from West Sacramento. If you are being charged with a West Sacramento DUI you should read this section (Click on the “West Sacramento” Link). If you are being charged with a DUI in Sacramento click here: Sacramento DUI.
Above all, be aware that West Sacramento is in Yolo County, Not Sacramento County, and therefore all of your interactions and correspondence with the court or the district attorney,relating to your case, should reflect this. This will help you avoid any unintended bench warrants.